lunes, 22 de septiembre de 2014

TOP 10 books that have influenced me the most

It is ironic that I have fought so much against technology of immediacy, Facebook and so on and now, I am promoting the use of it. But, as I have already explained in other texts and letters, I difference between use and consume. Therefore, a productive use of these tools may produce a positive impact in the well-being of human beings.

Consequently, I think that nice ideas have to promoted and spread, like Diego Nieves’ (https://www.facebook.com/giezzyLg) invitation of sharing the “TOP 10 books that have influenced me the most”. I consider that it could be an amazing way to enrich our lives and to know our friends better. That is why I support his idea writing my own list, sharing it, and inviting three of my friends to make theirs.

I hope this chain has more success than the previous chain I create, the Creativity Chain (http://desconectando-unplugging.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/cadena-de-creatividad.html). I also invite anyone to create and promote their own chains, or continue previous chains that enrich each other and contribute the flourishing of human beings.

I nominate three of my friends because I consider them way better readers than I am. They have read much more books, with a higher quality, than me and I strongly believe we can learn a lot from them. Finally, I also hope and encourage them to share altruistically their knowledge with us.


Now, My TOP 10 books that have influenced me the most are:

  1. Tao Te King by Lao-Tzu
  2. Flourish. A visionary new understanding of Happiness and Well-Being by Martin Seligman
  3. 1984 by George Orwell
  4. Lenguas de Hielo, Regreso al Metropolitan and Orfeo en Nueva York by Fernando del Val
  5. The Fear of Freedom, and The art of Loving by Erich Fromm
  6. Connected. The surprising power of our Social Networks and how they shape our lives by Nicholas A. Christakis and James H. Fowler
  7. She comes first. The thinking man’s guide to pleasuring a woman by Ian Kerner
  8. Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
  9. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
  10. Platero y yo by Juan Ramón Jiménez

Read, enjoy and share. This is a win-win chain.

Have a great life!!!


Carlos Alcalá

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario